Last week was our one year House-A-Versairy (made up words I know). Over the past year since we have moved I have been working on my craft room. Refinishing the floors, painting, buying and hating many sets of curtains, rugs and furniture have been purchased and assembled. So much time and money has been spent working on this room and alas I am not yet done. I am close! I just have fabric to put away and design wall and quilt hanger to hang. Once the finishing touches are in place I will post pictures.
During this process I have come across a number of WIP's that were shoved away with the best of intentions of completion some day. I decided that enough is enough and have started wrapping them up for good.
This quilt is for one of my step daughters. I have had the stars done for some time but couldn't decide on the layout. The more I tried the more I hated it. I bought several different fabrics to use as solid blocks in between the stars but could never decide on one I liked. I decided to switch gears and start sewing in a direction I thought I would like. The final top is not the original vision or even the 5th vision but I think it works well and isn't too busy. I may add another strip of fabric to the top and bottom for length, as of now the quilt is 72" x 82". Once it is quilted I am going to lose some in both directions. Now to pick the backing fabric (I have several good choices) and quilt it up. I just have to keep reminding myself that its only fabric and no one is as critical as I am.
It did remind me how much I love my fancy new Janome that I got last year for Christmas. These blocks were made on my old Bernina. The stitching is not nearly as nice on the old girl and the piecing was starting to come apart at the edges. As a side note look at the shiny, beautiful refinished floors! We have 4 bedrooms down and one to go! Thanks to my husband for all his hard work on the house this last year.
Linking it up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced