Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love means never having to say.....I'm sorry for vomiting on you....

        Today was my 3 year wedding anniversary with Papa Peach. We have been together for seven years in August. I took the day off and we had big plans to run around to quilt and bike shops in the area. I was even thinking about upgrading old Bernie (my Bernina 830 record) to something more modern. Papa Peach was very excited about the prospect as that meant Anniversary and Christmas shopping done in one swoop. I was still on the fence as we have been paying down all our credit card debt and now we are moving on to paying off the second mortgage on one of our rental properties. I am nothing if not cheap cheap cheap. I did get a free motion foot for my Bernina and had been playing around with it. My stitches are kinda crazy looking at the moment but the more I practice the better they seem to be getting.
        So that was the plan for today. Last night we went to one of the local watering holes in town to get dinner. We live in a very small town of about 600 people and there are 3 places to eat/drink and they are all bars. We had gone back and forth about what to get for dinner before finally settling on a pizza/broasted chicken special from one of the bars. It was tasty, we ate way too much, about 5 am all hell broke loose. I won't go into details but we didn't go shopping. We proceeded to take care of each other for wave after wave of special anniversary food poisoning. My mom commented that she didn't realize that the three year anniversary gift was pepto bismol. Everyones' a comedian.
        Yesterday was The twins birthday. They are the big 1-0. We celebrated this weekend by eating much delicious cake. I felt guilty but it has all been purged from my system.

        This weekend I was also able to put in some time working on my postage stamp quilt. I decided to do two colors per block. I am at a standstill on this one, but this is what I have so far.Can't decide how to bring this one together. Sashing????? I'm open to ideas. I have heard through the grapevine that I am getting a design wall for Christmas......so maybe that will help. 





My brothers birthday is tomorrow.....12/12/12! I will link this up to WIP wednesday @Freshly Pieced when I get a moment tomorrow.
   

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I had food poisoning 2 years ago. I'm paranoid to eat out now. Hope you feel good now. Yoghurt helps ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belate birthday to your kids and hope you feel better now.Love yur postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary B here : :-)
    Happy Anniversary so sorry about the surprise evacuation party that proceeded.
    Those are just horrible, I know. Sorry all of you were sick.
    Happy Birthday to the girls
    The cake looks yummy.
    Your quilt looks wonderful, Love the colors
    Happy B-day to your bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your postage stamp quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete