Monday, November 3, 2014

Slow and steady......

I've been plugging along on my hexie stars. It is my newest hand carry scrap quilt project. I am using quilt Pati's and haven't joined these together yet as I still have template pieces. I showed these to my mother a few weeks ago and the first thing she said was I hate the purple one. Ahhhhh I know mom, I know there isn't enough contrast between the fabrics. I decided since she said something unprovoked that it wasn't just my own brand of crazy, it was at very least a genetic defect.  
I took apart the purple star and added pink fabric and it looked much better. I also had the blue star (now with the orange fabric) originally had the fabric around it that is now surrounding the red star. It also didn't have enough contrast and was picked apart. On the plus side the templates make it easy to recycle the pieces into another star. I'm at 10 stars. By my math I can make another 10 before I have to start joining them to get some template pieces back. Unless I have lost some in my travels or decide to buy more the next time I am in Columbus. All are valid options....Happy Monday! 
Linking up to Monday Morning Star Count @ Life Under Quilts.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced


11 comments:

  1. So lovely - if I had to pick a favourite it would be the pink and grey one - bottom left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the stars and if I had to pick a favourite it would be the blue and yellow one on the bottom. I like that the blue flowers in it are kind of random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will have a lovely scrappy feeling when it is done. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I bought a bunch of paper templates but then was running low so I made a bunch from Magazine subscription cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you like my Quilt Patis! Your project is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete