Saturday, November 26, 2016

A place for baby Abigail...

I have spent the last few months since the baby was born reorganizing my craft room to make room for baby Abigail. I know it sounds like I thing I should have done before she was born but it never happened. She has been enjoying life in bassinets, swings, and rock n plays. A baby with no bed of her own!! So sad. As she has been getting bigger it's become apparent that we could not keep her in a bassinet much longer. Last week my mom was visiting so I utilized the time to get things done so we could get the baby in her crib. 

My ironing board used to be here and my rod to hang my quilts.

I also moved around my craft table/desk and sewing table. So now this is what it looks like. Sooo clean and organized at the moment. I figured photographic evidence was necessary.

oooooooooooooh

aaaaaaaaaah

I have also been working on a string quilt to slash through my scraps. I have finished up all the string blocks and just have to trim up about half. I scored some new blades for my rotary cutter at a black friday sale at Joann fabrics. So I should have them trimmed up shortly. It turns out one quilt is not going to make a dent in my scrap stash.



I have been debating on the layout of the blocks. The star layout would have low volume blocks in the corners. The quilt would have 4 stars. 


It would be similar to the quilt I made for Mirabelle about a year ago. Although the individual blocks were only 5" and the current quilt has an 8" block.


I also looked at a zig zag pattern or a string block diamonds



 I'm not sure of the final layout. At present I have enough blocks for the 4 star layout.

Last but not least I wanted to remind everyone about the Santa Stash Swap.


I haven't had a chance to spread the word too much. You can still sign up until 11/28!!!

Linking up to crazy mom quilts



6 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for! And what a lovely room -- mine, even without a crib, is a hot mess. :) I love both layouts but the star would be my pick. I need to take a tip from your blog and start a scrap quilt, too, since scraps seem to be taking over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful blocks.Both setting are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those glass front cabinets. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are from ikea, they are called hemnes. since they are glass front im am less likely to shove clutter in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am heading up to Ikea this weekend. I will check them out.

      Delete