I've been away from the blog for a bit. My husband, mother and I were off on vacation in Arizona. We went to Phoenix, Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. Some areas we were in were hot hot hot. The grand canyon was moderate but Phoenix and the Hoover Dam were definitely in the high 90's.
We flew home threw Minneapolis and spent the weekend home in Wisconsin.. It's quite a bit cooler at home and now I am in Cleveland which is no warmer. In any event I am happy to be back, the desert was too high and too dry.
This cooler weather reminds me that Halloween is around the corner. Leaves are changing and there is a chill in the air. Stores are full of fun size candies for trick or treaters but what about us adults.....where is our candy???? With that in mind I am hosting a Halloween Candy Fabric swap. "Candy" is a piece of fabric 2.5" square. So much can be done with these pieces as mentioned in my previous post. Here are the details......
- You'll be swapping a Fabric Candy Square Pack. The pack contains 50 2.5" squares of quilting fabric. You can fussy cut squares if you would like but it is not required. Please use high quality quilt shop fabrics and do not include selvage or sew scraps together. The pack should include 50 different fabrics, if this is not possible do not include more than 2 squares of any one fabric.
- Each participant will have 5 partners for the swap, so you will be cutting 250 2.5" squares, you will end up receiving 250 2.5" squares in return.
- Only swap quality material you would be happy receiving. Fabrics can be any print, or color, pretty or ugly. All fabric should be 100% quilters cotton.
- Fabric should be enclosed in a zip top baggie (snack size works great for this size square)
- Sign ups for the swap end on Sunday October 21st 2012 at midnight. If you would like to participate please email me at email@example.com with your name and address before the deadline.
- Once the deadline for sign up has passed you will be emailed the list of swap partners and you must mail the packages by Friday October 26th, 2012.
- If you would like to have more partners you can, just state in the email how many partners you would like in multiples of 5 (5,10,15,20)
- Swap open to domestic and international participation.
- If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now for the give away...........
Mention this swap on your blog and add the button below to the post, leave a comment below with a link to the post to be entered. The prize will be a bounty of 200 pieces of delicious fabric candy!!!!!! Winner will be selected after the close of the swap on 10/21/12.