Monday, July 4, 2016

May Quilt Nuture circle of Do.Good.Stitches

Finished up the May quilt for the Nurture circle of Do.Good.Stitches. Technically I am not yet done with the March quilt but I got stuck on this one. You know how it is when you get focused on a project and can't do things in the order you know you should. So here it is!



I used a chunk of fabric for the backing that I have had for 5 or 6 years that reminded me of the pattern on the front. I finished the back with a Kona solid called Lagoon which I have most of a bolt of. I happened upon it at a yard sale. Technically I think it was the estate of a quilter that had gone toward the light. I took it as my mission to use the fabric in her honor. So this is one of the many projects its has made it into. 


For the binding I used a fun mix of bright prints from my scrap bin and a few jelly roll strips. 
I love how it turned out!


3 comments:

  1. It looks great, Dhia! I couldn't picture how this one was going to be, but it is awesome! The backing fabrics are perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! I like to make the back of my quilts just as pretty as the front!

    ReplyDelete